Sunday, July 30, 2006

Guess that means I'm "It"

So apparently I've been tagged courtesy of Denise. And to demonstrate my intelligence, or lack thereof, I first off had to copy and paste 'joie de vivre' into the my Yahoo search since I wasn't sure what it meant. I'm no poet nor do I read as much of it as I should, so I'll take the picture option of the assignment. The picture I've provided
is a bit outdated (about 2 years old), but I think it captures what I love about summer. The girl pictured is my niece Ashlynne, who's now 7 years old.

It's a given that any picture I would provide is going to be taken at the beach. I've blessed with the opportunity to spend a bit of time with Ashlynne this last week. We've gone for walks to the park to visit our alligator "buddies" who live there. We've gone for walks in the dark and shared our fears, she's afraid of baby dinosaurs 'they may be small but they're still tough' and we share a fear of suspended heights such as cliffs or tall building ledges, or tall bridges. I've also been selling her on the TV show 'Knight Rider', she loves KITT but don't we all. We've also had a run-in with a black racer while we were playing in the backyard, a black racer which I shot in the face with a rubber band 'that's what you get for biting my uncle in the face when he was in 7th grade' she yelled. (I was bitten in the face by a snake in my 7th grade science class).

The point of this all is of course that what I find to be my source of Joie De Vivre as I understand it (by way of Yahoo) is essentially family in the sun.

4 Comments:

Blogger goodnight moon said...

Nice. I read your comment on my post before you deleted it...why did you delete it? well, i guess i can figure that one out.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Autobahn said...

I just thought it might be in bad taste and not really in keeping with the topic of the post.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I think you completely get joie de vivre, Dave! I especially love that 2nd pic.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Autobahn said...

Thanks Molly. That pic was just sort of a lucky shot that came out pretty good.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home