Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tehya Laelle Barnes



I'm an uncle, again!!! My sister gave birth this afternoon to a beautiful baby girl Tehya Laelle Barnes. She was 8lbs 10.5oz born at 2:06 pm. Mom and baby are both doing good. Her first name, Tehya, is Native American for "precious". Not sure which Native American tribe that is though. Her middle name is taken from Hebrew and modified a bit. 'La', as it is transliterated, is the Hebrew preposition "from" and 'El' is the transliterated Hebrew word for God. Put them together and you have Lael "from God". They added the last two letters for euphonic purposes (easier to pronounce). Here are a couple pics.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chavez Family said...

Tehya is Lakota, from the Great Plains. I am Dakota and I named my daughter Tehya. She is six now. Your sister has great taste!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home