Monday, January 09, 2006

Reformed Bible Study


Sorry I've been MIA for the past few weeks. I've been in FL and my parents internet connection blocks out my Blog. Anyway, had an idea for a post the other day, that for some reason didn't slip my mind after 5 mins. So here it is

Having grown -up in the Charismatic church and having attended a Fundamentalist college and now attending WTS (sorry to any non-Christian readers, this post may have no relevance to you) , I've been around the theological block a little bit. It's been good to have such a diverse background and it helps me not to feel wed to any one camp. Well I was at a Bible study the other night, and the leader of the study posed a question. I'll just give a brief dialogue on what was said. The topic was our view of the church and the audience was young adults.

Heath (leader): Why do you think it is so hard for young adults, college kids, to stay involved in the local church?
Jason: We get so busy w/ classes and activities, and going away to college.
Kid who's name I don't remember: In high school all your friends are going. It's easy to go when all your friends are going, when you're surrounded by your Christian friends.
Jason: It's hard to go when you're hangin' out w/ your drinkin' buddies.
Jeremy (from across the room): That's why they should be the same (Christian/drinkin' buddies).

You gotta love that comment. I could just imagine someone saying that in a typical southern evangelical church. You'd get lynched!! People would seriously think you're not a Christian!! But not at the Reformed Bible study. In fact, the comment got more than a couple amens.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WORD UP. - Justin Wang

9:27 PM  
Blogger goodnight moon said...

amen

justin wang is still alive and kickin? guess what we played last night in our hotel room by the sea of galilee...? oh yes, it's addictive in all corners of the globe

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dave! howz class been? i hear januaries are a little easier for WTS students. you still in town or back in florida? take care dude! tim

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home